Northside For Business Awards Eligibility
Retail Business Award: open to all retail businesses.
Service Business Award: open to all service providers – professional services, commercial & domestic
Hospitality & Food Business Award: open to food and beverages service providers – restaurants, cafes, bars, hotels & caterers.
New Business Award: open to all businesses that have been trading before 31st December, 2013. Open to all sectors.
Established Business Award: open to businesses that have been trading before 31st December, 2013. Open to all sectors.
Family Business Award: open to all sectors.
Social Economy Enterprise Award: open to all not-for-profit and social enterprise activities.
- A business can be nominated by a third party of self-nominate.
- A business can be nominated for one or more categories.
- Nominations can be made by completing the on-line application form on the Northside for Business web-site www.northsideforbusiness.ie/awards
- The business must operate from within the Northside of Cork City. This is the area north of the River Lee and from Mayfield in the East to Hollyhill in the West.
- Nominees may be requested to provide additional information.
- Nominations will close at 5 p.m. on Friday 15th December.
Successful nominations will demonstrate:-
- A clear vision of what the business offer and how it operates.
- Good management & practice.
- A positive contribution to the Northside community e.g. giving employment, the quality of the business product/service, collaborating and sharing with other local businesses.
- How the business has/is growing & developing.
- Successes / track record.
- Social Enterprise nominations – is for charitable, community and social enterprises which demonstrate a positive impact on and within the community.
All nominations must demonstrate a commitment to the Northside and be valued by Northside customers and communities. Applications will be shortlisted based on the above.
An independent judging panel will be appointed to review & adjudicate all applications.